| FOR BRIDGESTONE TRUCK TIRES
PRODUCED AFTER JANUARY 1, 1995:
You are covered under the terms of this warranty: (a) if you are the authorized
agent of the first retail purchaser of any new Bridgestone truck tire
manufactured after January 1, 1995 (DOT date after 015) bearing the Bridgestone
name and Department of Transportation (DOT) assigned identification number,
and (b) the tire is of a size equivalent to or greater than that specified
for use by the vehicle manufacturers or Bridgestone/Firestone Tire
Sales Companys recommendations.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS AND FOR
If, before wearing down to 2/32nds of an inch of original tread depth
(i.e., worn down to the top of the built -in indicators in the tread grooves),
or 6 years from the date of manufacture (referenced by the last three
digits of the DOT number), whichever occurs first, an examination by Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions shows that any tire covered by this warranty has become
unusable for any reason within the manufacturers control, such tire
will either be repaired at no charge or replaced with an equivalent new
Bridgestone tire on the basis set forth below.
No- Charge Replacement:
If, within the first 10% of original usable tread depth wear or 12 months
from date of purchase (proof of purchase required), whichever occurs first,
a Bridgestone truck tire becomes unusable for conditions within the manufacturers
control, the tire will, at Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutionss
option, be replaced free of charge (Federal Excise Tax included). The
cost of mounting, balancing, and other service charges, disposal fees,
or applicable taxes are payable by you.
Pro- Rated Replacement:
If a Bridgestone truck tire is worn beyond the first 10% of original usable
tread wear and becomes unusable for conditions within the manufacturers
control, the tire will, at Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutionss
option, be repaired or replaced with an equivalent new Bridgestone tire
on a pro-rata basis. You will be charged for the tread wear pro -rated
by multiplying the current dealer selling price of the tire (in effect
at the time for adjustment) by the percentage of original tread depth
that has been worn from the tire. The cost of mounting, balancing, full
Federal Excise Tax, and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable
taxes are payable by you.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Tire damage due to road hazards, curbing or spinning.
Including, without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break, bruise,
bulge, snag, stone drill, etc.
- Continued use while run flat or severely underinflated.
- Improper use or operation. Including, without limitation,
improper inflation pressure, overload, use of an improper rim, vehicle
misalignment, wheel imbalance, improper brake adjustment, worn suspension
components, improper mounting or demounting, misuse, misapplication,
negligence, tire spinning, tire chain damage, chemical contamination,
fire or other externally generated heat, water or other material entrapped
inside the tire during mounting, tire alteration, racing or competition
- Improper repair.
- Ride disturbance. Claims submitted after the first
10% of original tread wear.
- Casing failure due to improper retreading methods, materials,
installation or repairs.
Conditions caused by aging, improper storage
or weather after 4 years from date of manufacture.
- Casings rendered unretreadable due to excessive tread wear
or improper buffing.
- Claims for irregular wear.
- The cost of applicable taxes.
- Tire use outside the U.S.A.
- You must present to any authorized Bridgestone truck tire dealer or
agent in U.S.A. the tire for which you are seeking warranty consideration
and proof of purchase if applicable. Consult your telephone directory
for the nearest authorized Bridgestone truck tire dealer.
- You must pay all applicable dealer service charges and taxes.
- You must complete and sign the customer section of the Bridgestone
Limited Warranty Claim Form.
- Your vehicle on which the tire was equipped must also be available
- Tires accepted for warranty compensation become the property of Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- To the extent permitted by law, Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions disclaims liability for any consequential damages, loss of time
or loss of vehicle use or inconvenience.
- All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and
fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration
of this limited warranty.
- No Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions employee, dealer or representative
has the authority to make any representation, promise or agreement which
in any way varies from the terms and conditions of this warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal
rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied
warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, so the above such limitations or exclusions may not apply to
FOR BRIDGESTONE TRUCK TIRES PRODUCED PRIOR TO
JANUARY 1, 1995:
Truck tire manufactured by Bridgestone and bearing Bridgestones
name and D.O.T. number is warranted to be free from defects in workmanship
and materials for the original usable tread depth (original tread depth
less 2/32) without limit as to time or mileage. If an examination
by Bridgestone shows that any such tire failed as a result of such defect,
it will, at the option of Bridgestone, either be repaired at no charge,
or replaced charging the customer for tread wear, pro-rated by multiplying
the current Dealer Selling Price of the tire in effect at the time of
adjustment by the percentage of tread depth that has been worn from the
tire. Cost of mounting and balancing and any other service charges or
applicable taxes are payable by the customer.
LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUSIONSALL
TIRES AND TUBES
FOR TIRES AND TUBES PRODUCED PRIOR TO JANUARY 1, 1995:
All tire and tube limited warranties are subject
to the following exclusions:
- All Bridgestone limited warranties are limited to the original purchaser
and the original vehicle on which mounted, and are not assignable to
subsequent purchasers or vehicles.
- Costs of mounting and balancing following pro-rated replacement or
repair of tires or tubes, and applicable federal, state and local taxes,
are not covered by the warranties.
- Warranties do not cover damage resulting from road hazards, misuse,
improper mounting, misapplication, use of non-approved rims, improper
inflation, overloading, running flat, misalignment or imbalance of wheels,
defective brakes or shock absorbers, abuse, willful damage, oil, chemical
action, fire or other externally-generated heat, use of tire chains,
use of studs on snow tires, and water or other material entrapped inside
the tire during mounting.
- Claims for irregular wear are not covered.
- Adjustment claims for poor uniformity or out-of-round must be submitted
during the first 1/32 of wear, but only after the procedures listed
in the Bridgestone Medium Truck Tire Data Book have been carefully followed
in an attempt to correct the problem. Any such claims submitted after
the first 1/32 of wear will be rejected.
- All tube-type tires should be used with proper size Bridgestone tubes
- Warranties apply to original usable tread depth and do not extend
to retreaded tires.
- Warranties are valid only for tires and tubes purchased and normally
used in the continental United States and in Alaska, but not in Hawaii.
- ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE DURATION
OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- ALL OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
- Some states do not allow limitations in how long an implied warranty
lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, so the above such imitations or exclusions may not apply to